If you are coming into hospital for a procedure or operation, you will need to complete a pre-assessment before you come in. This can be done via an online questionnaire, as well as over the telephone or face-to-face. We will ask you about your previous medical history, any medication you are taking and your travel arrangements on the day.
- Any potential issues will be picked up before you come into hospital.
- Our aim is to make the admission process as smooth and stress-free as possible for you. We hope that by completing this form, any concerns or questions you may have will be dealt with.
- The health check will ensure that you are in optimum health and any possible complications are flagged up.
Completing your assessment online
The online questionnaire takes about 10 minutes to complete, you can do this online at https://preassessment.hcahealthcare.co.uk
Completing your pre-assessment via the Pre-Assessment Team
We have a dedicated Pre-Assessment Team on hand to help with any queries or concerns. Whilst completing the online form, you can specify fi you would like one of the Pre-Assessment Team to call you.
If you would prefer to come in to the hospital and complete your pre-assessment at the hospital with a nurse, you can make an appointment with the Pre-Assessment Clinic.
- MRSA swab – all patients who are being admitted to the hospital must have this)
- Blood tests (as required)
- Any other test specified by the Consultant
You don’t have to come into the main hospital to have the above tests. You can have them done at one of our outpatient centres at a location more convenient for home or work.
The outpatient centres that can offer pre-assessment tests are:
- 31 Old Broad Street
- 120 Old Broad Street
- City of London Medical Centre
- Sevenoaks Medical Centre
- HCA at The Shard
For more information on pre-assessment or to speak to a nurse, please call 020 7234 2078