Telephone:+44 (0) 20 7234 2459
Overseas patients will find a warm welcome at London Bridge Hospital. As well as a translation facility, our dedicated International Service has a great deal of experience in meeting the cultural needs of patients from around the world.
For example, the Middle East Department provides support from the moment a medical report is received right through to assistance with arranging transport home, ensuring international patients feel at ease about coming to London for treatment and feel at home during their stay at London Bridge Hospital.
The International Department services include the following:
- The Department is open Monday to Friday from 8:30am until 7:30pm and a 24-hour emergency service is available outside these hours and at weekends. Please note that the emergency service only applies to patients who are returning after having their procedure previously at London Bridge Hospital.
- All patients and their relatives are met upon arrival at London Bridge Hospital and assistance is provided with admission including accompanying patients and relatives to their rooms.
- Upon admission, Health and Safety regulations and the fire routine is explained and the International department also provides information on the equipment in the room, a description of the hospital and the services provided.
- The International Department provides a vital service to all non-English speaking patients and acts as a liaison and interpreter between patients, consultants, ward staff and other departments. The staff from the International Department are also on hand to deal with any problems or complaints if they arise.
- Our chefs offer a seperate Middle East menu and other room services include Arabic language TV and newspaper services.
- The patients' visitors and relatives also receive help; for example, arranging transport both to and from the Hospital and/or airport, and locating suitable accommodation.