Opening Hours: 24 hours per day - 7 days a week on-site service (Patients should contact our outpatient department for blood test visits)
Telephone:+44 (0) 20 7234 2800
Fax: 020 7234 2812
Pathology, the scientific study of disease, uses tests on blood and other biological specimens to assist clinicians in the treatment of their patients. The Pathology Department at London Bridge Hospital has an on-site, CPA accredited laboratory, complete with state of the art instrumentation and computerisation.
The Pathology Department provides a range of services including:-
- Biochemistry, Haematology and blood transfusion service provided by qualified HPC registered biomedical scientists.
- Consultant Pathologist backup for interpretation and advice.
- Hourly courier service to the main laboratory for referred samples.
- The laboratory participates in all the major UK quality assurance schemes.
- CPA - CPA provides a means to accredit Clinical Pathology Services and involves an external audit of the ability to provide a service of high quality by declaring a defined standard of practice, which is confirmed by peer review. See www.cpa-uk.co.uk
- HPC - A health regulator that sets standards of professional training, performance and conduct for hospital professions. HPC keep a register of health professionals that meet their standards and action is taken if standards are not maintained. See www.hpc-uk.org
Telephone: +44 (0)20 7234 2800